4. To provide its membership an opportunity to attend clinics and seminars regionally, nationally and internationally for the betterment of martial art training and skill development.
3. To provide its members an opportunity to strive for excellence by participating in local, national and international Martial Art Competition.
2.. To stimulate interest in the general public for Karate as Art, Sport and Self -Defense.
1. To provide legitimate instruction in the martial art of Goju-Ryu Karate-Do.
3. To help contribute toward the spirit of Karate-Do, Understanding and Friendship.
2. To promote friendship and harmony amongst the community and all martial artists and provide opportunities for fellowship and sportsmanship to its members through the art of Goju-Ryu Karate-Do without regard to nationality, race, creed, sex, or handicap.
1. To develop a positive character in its members through the study of Traditional Goju-Ryu Karate-Do.
The GKK Canada Association is a Not For-Profit Association, founded in Canada in 1984 and Federally incorporated in Canada in 1990. This Association is operated by an elected Executive who oversee various Committees to achieve the objectives of the GKK Canada. The membership of the GKK Canada Association is comprised of practitioners of the Goju-Ryu Karate-Do and others who support the same objectives of this Association. The GKK Canada is dedicated to serving its membership and is committed to assisting the ambition of its membership in achieving those goals of personal excellence.
The GKK Canada Association is the official branch of the Goju-Ryu Karate-Do Kyokai International, whose Chairperson and Chief Technical Director is Motoo Yamakura Shihan
Copyright GKK Canada. All rights reserved.
There are a great many web sites that explain Goju-Ryu History, it is recommended that you obtain Goju-Ryu History from the GKK International web site (www.goju.com) or from the books that are published by the GKK. If you have any questions just e-mail us, we will answer you quickly and promptly.
6. In order to accomplish the objectives of the GKK Canada, other activities may also be pursued.
5. To establish and maintain affiliation between the Goju-Ryu Karate-Do Kyokai International, the Goju-Ryu Karate-Do Kyokai Canada and educational institutions and other organizations whether incorporated or not and other legitimate traditional martial art organizations which have objects similar or in part to the objectives of the GKK Canada.